You are invited to join in the Advent and Christmas celebrations at St. Andrew’s this year. There are many opportunities for worship, service, and fellowship throughout the month. We hope these will make for a blessed Advent and a happy Christmas for all!
- ADVENT APPEAL BEGAN – Sunday, Nov. 21st
Choose a tag, buy a gift or make a donation to one of the helping agencies of Saskatoon, and decorate our Advent Tree.
- ADVENT WORSHIP SERVICE – Wednesday, Dec. 1st
We will gather for a simple supper in the lower hall at 6:00 PM, followed by an Advent Worship Service upstairs at 6:45 PM. It will be a time of singing, prayer, and reflection as we begin this time of waiting to celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- CHRISTMAS TEA & BAKE SALE – Saturday, Dec. 4th 2-4 PM
Everyone is invited to attend the Women’s League’s annual Christmas Tea and Bake Sale. Donations of baking would be greatly appreciated, and may be dropped off any time after 10:00 AM on Dec. 4th.
- ADVENT APPEAL CONCLUDES – Sunday, Dec. 12th
Bring in your Advent gifts by today so that the gifts can be delivered to those most in need this Christmas.
- CHURCH SCHOOL CHRISTMAS PRESENTATION – Sunday, Dec. 12th 11:00 AM
Come to worship and share in the joy of Christmas with our children as they present “Christmas Eve at Angel School”.
- CHRISTMAS MEMORIAL SERVICE – Wednesday, Dec. 15th
Though Christmas is often a time of joy and gladness, it can be a difficult time for many among us. Whether you have experienced the loss of a loved one recently, or you are struggling with a job loss, illness, or other challenges, please join us for a service of Light & Hope in the Midst of Darkness. Everyone is welcome, as we place our trust in the Coming Christ who is our Light. A simple supper will be shared in the lower hall at 6:00 PM, followed by worship upstairs at 6:45 PM, including an opportunity to light a candle in memory of a loved one.
- CHRISTMAS DINNER AT MANO’S RESTAURANT – Join the Thursday Group from a delicious turkey dinner at Mano’s Restaurant on 8th Street, Thursday December 16th at 1:30 PM.
- “BROTHER HEINRICH’S CHRISTMAS” – Sunday, Dec. 19th 7:30 PM
Come and enjoy an evening of Christmas choral selections, vocal solos and duets, and instrumental selections. This will be a very special concert by the St. Andrew’s Choir and guest musicians from Prairie Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra and the Saskatoon Symphony. Admission by donation for the St. Andrew’s Choir Robe Fund.
- CAROLLING AT THE LIGHTHOUSE – Tuesday, Dec. 21st 7:00 PM
Bring treats to share and voices ready to sing all our favourite Christmas carols!
- CHRISTMAS EVE WORSHIP – Friday, Dec. 24th 7:00 PM
A Christmas service for the whole family, including carols and candlelight as we celebrate the birth of Jesus our Saviour.