Thanks to everyone who made the Christmas Choral Service and Christmas Play such a special occasion this morning (Sun. Dec.16th). Thanks to Adam Brulotte, Gillian Lyons, and the choir for all your work in preparing the Christmas Anthems. Thanks to Sandra Huculak for directing the play, to the church school students who did such a great job in acting out the Christmas story, to Elizabeth Ahiahonu for directing the church school singing, and to everyone else behind the scenes who helped to make the Christmas story come alive in music and drama.
The Christmas celebrations are just beginning at St. Andrew’s. Take note these upcoming Christmas events:
- Sunday, Dec. 16th @ 7 p.m. The St. Andrew’s Youth Group meet for carolling at the Circle Drive Special Care Home, followed by games at Amanda’s house.
- Tuesday, Dec. 18th @ 7 p.m. “Tra-la-la-la-la-ing at the Lighthouse” (Formerly known as “Carolling @ Capri”). We will meet at the Lighthouse (on 20th Street between 2nd and 3rd Ave) for an evening of carolling and visiting with the residents.
- Wednesday, Dec.19th @ 6 p.m. Join us for a simple supper in the lower hall, followed by A Service of Light and Hope in the Midst of Darkness @ 6:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. The service will include Holy Communion and an opportunity to light a candle in memory of a loved one who has died.
- Thursday, Dec. 20th @ 1:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to join the Thursday Group for a turkey dinner at Mano’s Restaurant on 8th Street.
- Sunday, Dec. 23rd @ 11 a.m. Family Worship for the 4th Sunday of Advent, including a celebration of Holy Communion.
- Monday, Dec. 24th @ 7 p.m. Christmas Eve Candle Light Service. This will be a service of lessons and carols, including a children’s story and a Christmas Meditation.