You are not required to donate when you attend a service but if would like to, there are many ways you can share.
- Open plate: Cash or cheques can simply be placed in the offering plate when it is passed at Sunday service.
- Visitor envelope: Cash or cheques can be placed in a visitor envelope. There are options to add your contact information and a request for a meeting with the minister. As with the visitor registry, this gives St. Andrew’s a record of your visit. Also, tax receipts will be issued for donations of $10 or more.
- Offering envelopes: Offering envelopes can be requested from the church office and are usually made available in late fall for use the following year. There is one for every Sunday, plus additional ones for special holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas).
- Pre-authorized remittance: PAR is an easy and convenient way to give on a regular (usually monthly) basis. The amount specified is transferred from your bank on a specific date. The agreement can be adjusted or terminated if circumstances change. Forms to register for PAR are available in the church entry.
- Electronic giving: If you no longer carry cash or have cheques readily available, you can give electronically. When making an e-transfer, please remember to contact the bookkeeper in the church office (email@example.com) to indicate that the e-transfer is pending, to give the appropriate password and to indicate the fund to which you would like the money applied.