In the month of January, the Christian Education Committee is hosting a Celebration of the Psalms that will last the whole month long! We’ll be studying the Psalms in Sunday morning Bible Study, exploring the Psalms in our children’s programs, and you may well hear a little preaching on the Psalms on Sundays as well.
To get things started, the church library is having an art and poetry contest. Everyone can participate, whether or not you think of yourself as an artist or a poet. The idea is to take a Psalm (or part of a Psalm), reflect on it, and respond by creating a poem, song, or artistic creation to express what the psalmist is saying.
- Theme: The Psalms (Choose: Psalm 13, Psalm 23, Psalm 147 or your favourite Psalm)
- Prizes will be given according to the following categories: Grades 4-8, 9-12, & Adults
- Entry forms & poster boards available at the church library
- Contest dates: December 5th to January 17th. Entries will be judged by the Christian Education Committee on January 18th. There will be a prize for each age group.Contest entries will be displayed in the church library and lower hall.
- Even if you miss the deadline you are invited to prepare your art and poetry to share with the congregation at the “Celebration of the Psalms” on January 30th at 4:00 pm.
Sunday Morning Bible Study will resume on Sunday, January 9th at 9:30 am with a 3-session study of the Psalms on January 9, 23, and 30. Copies of the study are available from Rev. Amanda if you would like to read ahead.